spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.

Detroit 60 series in a 1990 ford chassie and getting vehicle

Customer Question

detroit 60 series in a 1990 ford chassie and getting vehicle speed fault when it becomes active engine wont rev all the way
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Truck Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: running at stand still rev up to 2100 rpms light comes on and engine starts running rough
JA: Anything else I can tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: was getting air in fuel system replaced lines from tank to fuel pump
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 6 months ago.
Good morning, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out. The most common causes of a VSS fault is the speed sensor or it's wiring in tail shaft of transmission, when you loose speed signal RPM is limited to 1500 RPM.First check speed sensor wiring if okay remove sensor plug and ohm out sensor, should read around 300 ohms for a two wire sensor 800 ohm and 1400 ohms for a 4 wire sensor.Please take a moment to rate or accept my service so that I can get credit for my time from the web site ,without a rating or accept the web site does not pay me.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.Thanksspanky