Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Agco st35 pto will not engage. light comes on when switch is

Customer Question

agco st35 pto will not engage. light comes on when switch is turned on but shaft will not start. worked fine last time I used pto
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I used it last fall with bush hog it worked fine but when I went to use pto now it will not engage
JA: Anything else I can tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: wondering if it could be a wiring problem?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the serial number of your tractor? Check for power to the PTO solenoid and verify the solenoid is functioning and the harness checks good. If so you could have a faulty clutch. Let me know
Is this an st35H or X? Or just a straight ST35?