Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

Brion,e question is about my peterbiilt tractor which has a

Customer Question

brion,e question is about my peterbiilt tractor which has a 450 cummins and im experiencing type of engine roughness and the fault code is saying egr valve plugged and says a bad pressure sensor.....what about this and how much to repair.....
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a 450 cummins diesel motor with 594k miles 2010
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! It depends if the EGR needs to be cleaned or if the EGR is bad and needs to be replaced. All shops charge different, but expect a range of $1200-1800 for the EGR replacement if it is bad. That is the general average of the repair cost.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.Did you still need assistance with this?