Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have an ultrashift transmission. It has trouble down shifting

Customer Question

I have an ultrashift transmission. It has trouble down shifting and won't go in gear at times. Any areas I should focus on to resolve the problem
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.
Hi Customer, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. First see if you can retrieve any fault codes the TCM and ECM might have logged resulting from this which will help isolate the problem circuit or area causing this. Also, Always verify your batteries test good, All connections between the batteries and starter are clean and tight and there is no corrosion in the harness and connectors to the ECM and TCM modules causing a lox voltage problem. Check for codes and let me know.
Click here for the procedure. Let me know what you get for codes. Also check for engine codes.Fault codes
Here is the schematics and troubleshooting guide to help. Also check for metal/debris in the filter and transmission indicating internal mechanical problems requiring disassembly. Let me knowTroubleshooting