Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a cummins m11 engine that i started working on as

Customer Question

hi, i have a cummins m11 engine that i started working on as my own project, i only have basic mechanic knowledge,however, i have managed to do most of the assembly quite well, that is getting all the timing marks correctly but my main problem is the rocker shaft and pushrods which I wanted to be the last thing to fit.it comes in two pieces and has pillars beneath it. can you assist me with the procedure because if i install the push-rods first and the rocker shaft on top, all the six bolts in the middle are getting tight except for the two on both ends (leaving a gap of about 2mm)though it is a tight squeeze and not leaving room for any adjustment. then when i start with rocker shaft before the push-rods i am able to tighten all the bolts but cant fit the push-rods. please help me with the procedure of getting it right. thanks
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Anything else I can tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: this engine worked fine before, the reason it was dismantled was it used blow the compressor, something to do with the oil supply to the compressor. thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Do you already have the manual by chance? There will be some tension before the housing seats from the valve spring tension and the valves that are open o the high side of the cam. Just be sure the cam is in time with the crank and acc drive gear or if out enough you could have a valve hitting a piston.
While I have the page open... Here is the Jake info if you have Jakes.Jake install and adjustments