Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Eng #56494256 ,ISB 210 will crank and idle only no throddle

Customer Question

Eng #56494256 ,ISB 210 will crank and idle only no throddle check eng light on ***** ***** Skidmore
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Pulled in a stop and shut it off all was good. Started it on check eng light came on and now have no throddle at all.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg, My name is***** will be glad to help. What do you have for fault codes? This will tell us what circuits the problems are in and to test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No codes
The check engine light came on? If it did then there will be codes logged in the ECM memory or there is a problem with the ECM if it will not store a code when it turns on the check engine light
How did you check for codes? What scan tool are you using? Did you try flash codes? What year, make/model chassis is this in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pocket iq. 1999 freightliner mt 55. Takes bout 8 seconds for self test before every start also. Run perfect before this.
Most likely cause is the throttle position sensor or harness problem between the pedal and ECM
Try calibration, Key on, then press slowly to the floor and up 3 times