go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.

I have a 2008 Freightliner M2 with mercedes benz engine has

Customer Question

i have a 2008 Freightliner M2 with mercedes benz engine has power but wont start i see code bh164
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: i try to start but its as if there is a kill switch on, everything else works even the rear power of the bus tvs lights ect. i see fault code bh164
JA: Anything else I can tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: not really
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon
Won't start or won't crank?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
wont crank plenty of electric just nothing when i turn the key
first step here i would do is see if the starter is getting a signal to startthats the small wire at the starterwire 15pink in colorare you getting power down there when the key is turned ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i dont think its a starter issue when i try to start it says ecu128 then bh164 and check engine & tractor abs lites come on??
OK let's find out what that 128code isWhen you turn on the key engine off park brake on. Hold the button down till the cluster beeps and you will get another couple of numbers after the 128 like 128 s54 fmi 7
I need those numbers to see if that code is preventing the engine from starting.. Let me know ty