Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.

2005 Pete - just put in new wiring harness, engine light flashing

Customer Question

2005 Pete - just put in new wiring harness, engine light flashing - ran flash code - 61 - high coolant temp warning - all temp gauges are okay - have a load delivering Monday in California - do you think it is okay to make the delivery and service back in texas Wednesday?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: replaced the sensor and put in a new ECM computer
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
It's possible the engine temp sensor is faulty and reading too high. But I would try and verify and make sure the engine is in fact not running hot. To do this, I would use a temp gun on the engine. If it's running hot. You'll see it.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 6 months ago.
Is the red engine warning light coming on?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 6 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.