go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.

Andy how are you doing i was wondering if you can help

Customer Question

Hello andy how are you doing i was wondering if you can help me out with this problem on a freightliner cascadia 2009 with a series 60 detroit 14.L engine. The truck dosnt want to star. It cranks but dosnt start. A mechanic at a shop replaced the ECM with a brand new one. And the the cranshaft and camshaft timming sensors. Its only throwing 2 aactive codes now through the DDDL PROGRAM but thouse codes already ecisted when the truck was working. Can you help me out andy?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon
Could you give me a history what happened when it died were you just driving down the road and then it died? Any other details?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for your response. The driver was at the whare house where he was going to deleiver. Had the truck on idleing and turn it off for avout 20 min and did not want to start no more. From there it had had to get towed to a shop and the shop there said it was the ecm and replaced it with a new one. And also replaced the crank and cam timing sensors. And truck did not turn on. The shop said they didnt know what was the problem no more so i towed it back to my yard.

What i notice when i try to turn it on is, when i tir the key to crank it takes about 4 seconds to respond and start cranking and that happens only when im going to crank it to start the engine. Im not to sure if thats supposed to happen.

OK how are you electrical?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

How am i with electrical?

Yes we are going to do some power checks also I need the last 6 of your VIN please