Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a an 8.3 liter cummins ISC CAPS engine

Customer Question

***** *****. I have a an 8.3 liter cummins ISC CAPS engine that we are having a problem getting fuel to the injectors. We have replaced the lift pump but seem to have little fuel to the injectors. How many RPM should this engine turn when cranking
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure we got on site and cranked the engine over and it wouldnt fire. we removed the line from the filter and had no fuel when the key was in the run position. we concluded that the lift pump was not functioning so we changed it We now have fuel to injection pump. I believe the LP only runs for a short time then the gear pump in inj pump takes over. Machine ran when delivered to customer but now does not
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 6 months ago.
Good eveningthe engine should crank strong be sure the batteries are charged..if you replaced the lift pump then loosen all 6 lines to the head,turn the key on and bump the engine over till you get fuel to at least 4 of those lines then tighten and torque to 28 ft/lbs,If if doesn't start then the rotor could be seized inside the caps pump and if thats the case then that isn't good news..the CAPS pump may have to be replaced..Let me know how you do..