Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.

I have a Perkins engine Perkins england engine tag 2188/2200

Customer Question

Hello I have a Perkins engine Perkins england engine tag
Inj pump
2644p501 24V
I have Perkins EST and cat com 3 is brand new bought to figure this engine out.
Can't get to start and can't communicate, having issues with com adapter 3 with EST. My cat software seems to work with it.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not checked to see if there is any broken or damaged wiring this needs done.If there is a fault with broken or damaged wiring this will cause this fault here and the wiring would need to be repaired or replaced.If this is or has been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete