Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

We have an FTB 30-24 PS fork lift. It is very old and seems

Customer Question

We have an FTB 30-24 PS fork lift. It is very old and seems to be very sluggish lifting and then drifts down when you lift something. Is there a tank for hydraulic oil that we may need to add some fluid to?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.

Hi Bill, My name is***** will try to help. If you are experiencing drifting problems the most likely cause is going to be in the control valve or relief valve cartridges leaking by in the control valve. If they test ok then the cylinder itself could be bypassing internally. First you will need to confirm the pump is ok and the pressures to the cylinder are in specs. Check for signs of fine metal/debris or discolored oil indicating internal problems or potential pump failure. Let me know