Jackie Dempsey
Jackie Dempsey,
Experience:  Diesel Technician at Cummins Pacific
89779026

2012 pete isx 15 code 2777 inhibit switch disarmed changed

Customer Question

2012 pete isx 15 code 2777 inhibit switch disarmed changed switch still same will not do parked regin by switch
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jackie Dempsey replied 8 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I will gladly assist you with your question today. So fault code 2777:

2777
PID: S390
SPN: 3703
FMI: 11/31
LAMP: None
SRT:

Particulate Trap Active Regeneration Inhibited Due to Inhibit Switch -
Condition Exists. Regeneration of the diesel particulate filter has been
prevented due to the permit switch being disabled.

None on performance.

Is the issue you are currently experiencing? Do you have Cummins Insight? If you do have Insight you can connect to the truck, go to Features and Parameters, under the Inhibit Switch option you should be able to "disable" or "enable" the inhibit switch. Please let me know if this option applies to your situation, if not I will assist further as needed. If this does answer your question, please take a moment to rate my service as we are not paid for our answers unless a rating is made. Thank you! I look forward to your response.

To add, under the inhibit switch enable/disable option you will want to disable the switch

Just wanting to touch base to see if you needed any further assistance with the current issue, please let me know, thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hooked up switched to disable still condition Exist

Thank you for that information, are there any other fault codes present other than the 2777?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Code 3714

Ok, codes 3714 and 2777 are usually accompanied by other aftertreatment related codes, if no other codes are present and these two are active then I recommend the following to get to the bottom of this issue:

1. Has the aftertreatment been serviced recently? If so, perhaps the "reset all" procedure in insight was not performed, that is a good place to begin

2. Check the ECM calibration, if the calibration is not current then an update may be available with a revision to either code or to the scr or aftertreatment system, perform an ecm recal

If all of the above do not work to resolve the codes, verify that all sensors are connected properly to the aftertreatment system, usually this issue would throw other codes but you never know and it is worth it to not overlook it. The inhibit switch on the dash should not be engaged either, if you disable the switch in insight but press it physically then that could be an issue also. Sometimes it is the simple things! Please let me know how I can further assist if needed. Also please do not forget to rate my service for today. Thank you

Hello, just wanted to check back and see if there had been any advances on this issue? I am here to help if you need me! Thank you

Hello! just wanted to check in one last time to see if this issue has been resolved or if further assistance was required. Please let me know if I can help, thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will get back to you 2maro Was put on other project today.

Ok no problem, if I can be of assistance please let me know! Also please take a moment to rate my service for the information provided, thank you!