Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Got a 2000 n14 that runs really misses like crazy and will

Customer Question

hi got a 2000 n14 that runs really shitty misses like crazy and will keep running even if i unplug all the injectors?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: misses like has bad injectors but makes no difference if i unplug them. and will keep running with all unplugged and restart with all of them unplugged
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Injector failure is common on the N14 engines. first be sure the injector harness and ECM drivers are good by using noid lights to test the injector pulse/signal. They should light the noid light bright. If not check the harness or you have faulty injector drivers in the ECM. Next check for return fuel restrictions causing a buildup of fuel pressure in the injector rail and cylinder head. Let me know

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.

Hi Did you get this resolved?