Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.

I was wondering how hard it was to replace a turbo myself on

Customer Question

Hi, I was wondering how hard it was to replace a turbo myself on a 2003 Freightliner with a Detroit 60 Ddec4 engine. 12.7 L with EGR setup. I've gotten all the piping off of it, but don't know how to get the oil supply and drain lines off because there's not enough room to turn a wrench on those.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My turbo actuator is leaking air real bad. If I stick a flat head screwdriver between the little calibration screw and the actuator rod and turn it a bit, the air leak stops. Also, when under boost, I'll lose system air pressure but when I roll in neutral or let off the gas pedal. it starts building pressure up again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Here is remove and install.