Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

T300 - travels fine, bucket curls pretty well but no power

Customer Question

t300 - travels fine, bucket curls pretty well but no power to lift the arms
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: everything moves and operates "as it should" but no power
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: That's pretty much it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No codes
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your serial number and engine make/model? Any particular color smoke? Do you get full throttle sitting still? Is this only operating under a load? Check for restrictions or leaks sucking air between the tank and pump causing a low fuel pressure problem. Verify you have good fuel supply pressure. Try running from a separate fuel source for test purposes or installing a clear hose inline on the suction and return to check for air bubbles. Let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not a fueling problem. Hydro problem. The machine travels excellent. Good speed. The bucket curl and lift will move but won't pick up its own weight. T300 ::###-##-####

Thanks for the clarification. Check the hydraulic filter internally and oil for fine metal/debris that would flag a pump or component failure occurring. If clean, inspect the relief valve cartridge for debris or damaged o rings, etc causing a bypass in pressure. If the relief is not sticking open or found to be bypassing, etc. then test your pressures in those circuits to compare to OEM specs for still a potential pump or control valve problem. In some cases pump problems initially are not flagged by metal/debris. Verify both Pilot pressure and main pressures are in specs.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We just installed a final drive motor and replaced the case drain filter. There was a small amount of debris on the filter but I chalked it up to natural mechanical wear
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We started pulling the valves and one was pretty well seized up
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Valve/solenoid part number I'm talking about is #6672471

Usually after pump or major component failure the system has to be cleaned out and flushed properly and the control valve inspected for debris in the ports or signs of contamination.