mobile-tech
mobile-tech, Technician
Experience:  Automotive , Medium and Heavy Duty equipment , and Marine Technician with over 20 years of professional experience.
20245751

I have a 2015 american tradition motorcoach with a cummins

Customer Question

i have a 2015 american tradition motorcoach with a cummins 450 isl. I had to replace a fuel pump at about 8000 miles after it left me stranded. It has thrown a couple of unidentified codes at about 5000 and 9000 miles and has now thrown an egr valve code.
2 questions
Is it normal to have so many problems with a new engine
how easy is to change out the valve and where could I typically buy one quickly
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  mobile-tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Joe.

Are you able to provide the exact Cummins fault codes?

It is not normal for a fuel pump or an egr valve to go bad on that engine, especially with only that many miles.

There are a dozen or more possible Cummins / emmission fault codes having to do with the egr system.

It is most likely not a defective egr valve, but it is a necessity to get all the correct fault codes to diagnose the issue.

A technician using the Cummins Insite diagnostic software may be the only way to get all the correct fault data.

Your nearest Cummins service center should be able to make a quick diagnosis and repair under warranty.

Joe

Just checking in to see if you need any clarification on something which I stated above.
Please remember to rate my service, so I can receive credit for my help.
-Joe