Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs

2007 international work star dt10 engine. starting cold it

Customer Question

2007 international work star dt10 engine. starting cold it runs rough like missing. tested the AIH with estronic Bosch scanner and it does turn on. I had some codes for the intake air temperature sensor. I did changed the intake air temp sensor and the air manifold temp sensor. they where full of soot. Also , found this code 8000_6 for cylinder #6,
after the engine reaches normal temp it runs find.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ?

Expert:  Andy replied 7 months ago.

Do you still need help ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Andy, AJ234987
Expert:  Andy replied 7 months ago.

Thanks .

Expert:  Andy replied 7 months ago.

The above link is to a hard start / no start troubleshooting chart for you to follow to try and troubleshoot the inlet air heater . The relay may be turning on for the inlet air heater but is the heater actually heating or in good condition ?

Expert:  Andy replied 7 months ago.

I cannot find this code at all . Can you confirm the number again for me ? Is it 8006-0 ? or 8006-6 ? Do you have a cylinder misfiring ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Morning, Dan the code with Bosch scanner 8006_0 cylinder 6 comparison value above upper limit. When starts cold it sound for split second like fuel knock. Can not find a miss
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Dan, I did a injector buzz the 1 sound strong 2 3,4,5 sound is softer but equal 6 sound sticking. Also found when I changed the intake air temp sensors full of soot. Would I be right to think an injector problem? Any other test to make sure. Thanks