cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

2009 Peterbuilt Cummings 485 my Machanics can't find problem

Customer Question

2009 Peterbuilt Cummings 485 my Machanics can't find problem did oil change last two weeks ago and now it's wasting a gallon of oil every 450 miles everyday check engine lights comes on when low on oil !! On oil leaks turbo new no oil in trubo injectors are good on computer diongastic and but oil looks really thin rotella
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 8 months ago.

You need to have an oil sample performed. If the oil is thin than there could be fuel leaking into the oil and diluting it. The insite program will not show a mechanically failing injector. You should also have a blow by test done to se if the engine is pushing the oil out at running operation. The dyno check is the best way to get his datsa

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also on truck gauges oil pressure is @ 25 all other guages on my other trucks are at 40

You need to check the oil level , If it is growing or over full this will be a sign of an issue of fuel/coolant in the oil or a mechanic than did not put the right amount of oil in. drain it down to the proper level or have a sample preformed to find the soured of the cause . Install a manual gauge direct to the engine to see actual oil pressure. That is the true reading. If you have an real oil pressure issue the ecm would throw a Check engine light. Technicians never go by a dash gauge. What is the fault code you are getting? Is it for low oil pressure? Please let me know the code

Just following up. Do you need more assistance? please don't forget to rate my service

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ser on this unit we have talked about where is my oil pressure sensor unit next to

what is the engine serial number?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We got it it was behind Desiel filter