Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Timing the cam on detroit series 60 esn 06R0840672...

Customer Question

timing the cam on detroit series 60 esn 06R0840672... inframed engine. head is off getting ready to go back on. rotate engine on rotation until pin drops in crank hole. time cam by installing pin in the small hole through the gear at 5 oclock . should be centered from the back of cover where sensor goes in, correct? i should be able in time to install head get it all torqued down and then drop in cam just how everything is, correct?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1 piston is all the way up with pinned dropped in front on crank.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Freithliner Service Link is down so I can;t pull up the engine info based on the ESN.

What year and size is this engine? Would a manual for the engine be easier for you? I can provide one.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!