Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

Have automatic transmission when shifts from ninth gear to

Customer Question

Have automatic transmission when shifts from ninth gear to tenth rpm Rev past 2000 I let off gas they come back down then it will go into tenth also in info center on the dashboard it says open circuit on transmission Sid 039
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be a fault with open wiring or damaged wiring leading to and connecting at the transmission.I would inspect the wiring for any issues needing repaired or replaced.

If all external wiring is found to be o.k. this can be an issue with internal wiring in the transmission at fault needing repaired or a possible shift solenoid open circuit causing the shifting issue and the fault here.

This will have to be checked/inspected further to locate the cause of the open circuit which may require special test equipment to do this testing then once located repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete