Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.

I have a komatsu pc128 that the starter stopped working. Not

Customer Question

I have a komatsu pc128 that the starter stopped working. Not sure if it's starter or something else.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I was having trouble keeping the engine running but every time I would turn the switch it would start. All of a sudden the starter stopped working.
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I couldn't keep the engine running. Some kind of fuel problem. The starter problem came out of nowhere.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

With engine dieing and sarter not working, have you checked the battery voltage? Low voltage will let engine die if charging system is not keeping the voltage up. Engine has electric fule shutoff, which has to have at least 12 volts. To check the starter ,follow the positive battery cable to the starter solenoid and jump the cable terminal to the single switch terminal. Engine should spin if voltage is up.

Did you find the problem?