Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Well thats funny cause i got a big macheine i need help

Customer Question

well thats funny cause i got a big macheine i need help with!! my bobcat 1999 873 turbo wont start.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: turns over fine....has desiel......i removed the fuel shutoff solinoid so it would leave the engine in the run position. when i turn it over it starts off hard to crank then speeds up but doesnt start. the smoke is white coming from the exhaust but it wont start
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Heavy Equipment Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Heavy Equipment Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Heavy Equipment Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What is your serial number? Also since you already manually checked the shutoff, be sure that there are no restrictions or leaks sucking in air between the tank and pump and you have good fuel supply pressure. If so, check your fuel delivery while cranking with an injector line cracked. If it dribbles under low pressure your injection pump is bad and needs overhaul. If it has a spray and good delivery, fuel supply is bled and good pressure to the pump and injectors but wont start, check for a hydraulic problem holding the engine under a load to cause slow cranking and prevent starting. also, verify other mechanical problems such as timing or low compression. Let me know