Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Cat c7 swap to 3126 ideas, can I replace a 2006 cat c7 (wax)

Customer Question

cat c7 swap to 3126 ideas
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: can I replace a 2006 cat c7 (wax) (kal) with a 3126 engine complete Need to change wiring harness?
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Just overview question. Nothing technical right now
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What are the two trucks year, make, and model chassis? I will check on the Engine Serial number OEM connector as well to see if i have some schematics to help

If the replacement engine has the harness and ECM you will just need to plug into the 70 Pin connector in the ECM. There are actually adapter harnesses to do a swap from a 70 Pin ECM engine to an older 40 Pin. However, depending on what cab and chassis/transmission you have there might either be some programming and parameter changes needed or some possible incompatibility issues .

Hi, Did you get this resolved?