Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

I'm changing ign switch and need to know which contacts to

Customer Question

I'm changing ign switch and need to know which contacts to hook the wires from old switch marked 1. And 30
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The old switch had contacts marked B for bat s for starter and a for acc and the two numbered 1 and 30 one should be for glow plugs and the other for elect over hyd comtrlos
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Make and model? Or best to take a voltmeter or test light, and with the two terminals open, turn switch to glow plug, while testing the 1 and 30 for voltage. The glow plug terminal will show battery voltage only when glow plug is selected. Hook up the glow plug wire to it, and the other has to be aux.

Did you see my response? Did you find the problem?