Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.

F450 diesel 2010 30,000 ***** ***** Had a bad turbo so

Customer Question

f450 diesel 2010 30,000 ***** ***** Had a bad turbo so replaced it. Motor came back knocking. the disassembled the entire engine and found 7 piston damged/cyl bore damged/crank damaged/heads damaged rockers damaged and metal thru out engine. what would be your first reason why this happened to engine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: engine has 1362 hours on it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Did turbo come apart and let metal into the intake of the engine or did the bearing go out in the turbo, from the metal in the lower engine and get into the oil line to the turbo. Turbo can put metal into the intake, and will trash the engine. But if you have a crank bearing go out, it will cause all bearings to fail. What did the damage to the piston look like? Object on top of piston will embed into the piston and break the sleeve!

I responded , did you see my post?