Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Cat man I have a coolant problem .its has gone thru 19

Customer Question

hey cat man my name is***** have a coolant problem .its has gone thru 19 gallons of coolant in 800 ***** ***** cant find a leak been pressured test 3 times truck has 634000 ***** ***** and runs great oil doesn't seem to be milky and not over heating .whats wrong with this thing,thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what more info you need
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
If there are no signs of coolant leakage, I must assume the coolant is being consumed in one or more cylinders. I've seen this many times. This is caused by a cracked head. Normally if there is a blown head gasket or cracked cylinder liner, you will get coolant in the oil or coolant will be pushed from the over flow. If you have neither of those, I must suspect a cracked head.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 8 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.