go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.

I just bought a 2007 freightliner sportchassis with a

Customer Question

I just bought a 2007 freightliner sportchassis with a Mercedes engine. 4 hours in to my ride home the engine light comes on and then engine protect. I pull over check all the fluids and check trouble codes. I have a fault 1, ecu 128, pid 111, fail 14. Can you tell me anything about this. We are sitting in a parking lot and are 9 hours away from home
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's running and driving fine. It just says engine protect so I pulled over and seen these codes.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 7 months ago.
Good evening
The 111code is for low coolant. If the level is good and you need to get home then unplug the sensor and jump the pins at the cls that should remove the stop engine light and you can get home
Let me know how you do.