Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2006 freightliner m2 106 last six v86442 a/c clutch not

Customer Question

2006 freightliner m2 106 last six v86442 a/c clutch not kicking in,NEW
dryer,binary,high pres. switches,w/gauges at at ta service center pulled vac, and refild to what ever they took out 3.75 lbs. still noo a/cclutch will not do the deed,no power to clutch,
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Did you ask this exact question and VIN on another account name? This same one came up 4 times all with different accounts.

I'm going to check the specs for the refrigerant level, but that seems high. Are there codes on the dash for the bulkhead module? If at T/A and they are a Freighliner service location, ask if they have Freightliner Service Link software to connect to the truck and scan the A/C system for faults. The A/C is module controlled. It has to see the signals from the switches and the head unit to engage the clutch. If one signal is lost or if there is a fault noticed on even one of the actuators, it will not engahe the clutch. Checking for codes is imperative on these model of trucks.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

Do you still need assistance?