Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.

CAPS fuel injection pump, Replaced the pump, but problem has

Customer Question

CAPS fuel injection pump for ISC
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Replaced the pump, but problem has come back. Engine intermittently stops, have to wait up to 5 minutes to restart
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

If you have not checked for any kinked or restricted fuel lines or components this should be done.I have seen issues with the in tank fuel filter/strainer some times cause issues like this as well here.If the fault codes have not been checked with a compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your model this needs done as well.if there are any codes set these will need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here as well.

If all of these have already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete