Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a 2010 peterbilt 387; the a/c is not working

Customer Question

hello, I have a 2010 peterbilt 387; the a/c is not working properly, sometimes when the road's vibration occurs, it stop cooling and now I have to close the hot water valve because it is heating continuous.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: what do you think should be the problem?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Heavy Equipment Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Heavy Equipment Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Heavy Equipment Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If it is not switching between hot and cold that would be a blend door actuator problem. You will need to check to see if the actuator is working and also if it is actually moving the blend door or is broken from the door. If it is not moving then the circuit will need to be tested for a loss of power to the actuator or a failed actuator.

Click below for some schematics to help when testing the circuit.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please remember to take the time to rate my service as that is how the experts get credit for their time helping on the site.