Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Have a cummings 5.9L 6BT 1995 on a yard dog and need to set

Customer Question

have a cummings 5.9L 6BT 1995 on a yard dog and need to set valves but cant find the timing pin to find TDC any ideas
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: got a rocker are backed off on #3 Intake and need to readjust to see if that will fix it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: not at this point but maybe more as we go
JA: Our top Heavy Equipment Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Heavy Equipment Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Heavy Equipment Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 8 months ago.

good day

you will need to set the valves doing the valve overlap method

on 6 rotate the engine until the exhaust is starting to close and the intake is starting to open,this is avalve overlap or rock

set the valves on one,then rotate till 2 overlaps.set the valves on 5 and so on.let me know if you have anymore questions.