Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Freightliner m2 106 transmission electric not responding i

Customer Question

freightliner m2 106 transmission electric not responding i have all ready did a diagnostic scan code sid 52 fmi 7 i need to no how to cheĉk the pump and hoẃ to remove it
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Sid 52 is for the engine brake, not the transmission.

What are you using to scan the vehicle with? Freightliner Service Link along with the transmission software (Allison DOC)? If you are not using the tranmssion software, how can you have narrowed the electrical problem on it to the pump? I'm confused. unless this is for a different pump?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a amt3 bénz tränsmission with ä benz engine on the dash showing SM /N tranmission i used service ranger,pfdiagnostîc diagnostic
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Benz transmission uses DDDL and/or DDR software to diagnose.

pf diagnostic is decent software, but it doesn't support the benz transmission. That is why you most likely didn't get a code off of it.

What is the transmission doing to where you need to remove the pump from it? The pump rarely goes out. If it does, you will have tarry, black transmission fluid. To change it, you have to drop the transmission and completely take it apart because the pump is in the rear of the transmission. You might as well do a full rebuild if you have to do the pump because you are going to need to take it apart that far to do it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i häve the service manual it carries a électric pump that supply fluid to the tranmission i rémove the x3 connector no positive 12v was present so i ĉhēck 40mp fuse the wire was corroded i fix that i not gétting no ohms reading on x3 pins
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Gotcha.

There is a power loss going to the outer pump, not the inside shift pump.

If you are not getting a ohm reading, the bad news is you have to take the whole harness apart and chase the wire. There is no other choice on that. I know it is tedious, but that is all you can do in this situation.

If you had corrosion at the fuse, check the connections there first on the back side of the fuse. If the corrosion hasn't gone deep from there, then all you have left is to chase it. It will be time consuming, but that is the only option at this point.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hydraulic Pump Faults
There are three hydraulic pump faults covered in these procedures. FMI 05 and FMI 07 are covered by the same troubleshooting procedure.
When both fault codes (SID 52 FMI 05 and SID 52 FMI 07) are active at the same time, a wiring problem is the most likely cause.
• For SID 52, FMI 05 and FMI 07, see Table 1 for procedures. • For SID 52, FMI 11, see Table 2 for procedures.
SID 52, FMI 05, 07—The Hydraulic Pump Pressure Does Not Increase
Failure Reason: • The hydraulic fluid level is low. • The hydraulic system is leaking. • There is air in the hydraulic system. • The fuse in connector X3 is blown. • The accumulator has failed. • The pump or pressure sensor has failed. • The hydraulic lines are pinched, kinked, or blocked. • The TCU has failed.
Problem
Remedy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to opt out for it is obvious you don't need me.

You are not being clear and we're going in circles because of it. You stated you have no power to the pump and found corrosion. I stated what to check.

Have a good day.

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to help. Do you have the schematics and pinouts ? If so for test purposes run a test wire to power the pump and verify its proper operation or if there is an actual pump problem or if it is electrical. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do ýou häve diagräm showing pump location

What year is this truck? I see a manual Eaton, Manual Benz, and Allison automatic..... Can you get me the numbers off the transmission ID tag?

Click here and see PDF page 61 for the MB, Prior to that is the allison info.

Maintenence Manual

Are you sure this is not the Allison automatic? If so check for metal/debris in the filters and drain oil that would indicate an internal problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005 frieghtliner amt3 surehift transmission benz
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it used a x y actûator to supply high pressure fluid to the transmission by a électrîc motor its ä wabco module
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
15 March 2016 03:45
Hydraulic Pump Faults
Problem
Remedy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the module
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
daimer chrysler transmission amt3 ĉôde CO7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.todaystrucking.com/automated-transmission

I am going to have to do some digging on that one. Daimer has the exclusive rights for that

What is your VIN?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1FVACXCS75HU19641
http://www.vin-decoder.org/details?vin=1FVACXCS75HU19641