Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

Exactly what brand does the dddl and dddr mean? Detroit

Customer Question

Exactly what brand does the dddl and dddr mean? Detroit diagnostic whatever? Our shop utilizes snap-on pro-link ultra. We just purchased it two months ago because of the new rules dot placed on the annual inspections
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

DDDL is Detroit Diagnostic Link. It is used to connect to Detroit engines to do Diagnostics on the engine as ell as regens.

DDDR is Detroit Diagnostic DrumRoll. This will do all that DDDL will do, but you can also do programming of the engine as well. The dealers will use this one over DDDL. DDDL is what Freightliner sells to their customers to use.

There is one other one called Freightliner Service Link as well. That one is only available to dealer techs. Sometimes you can find a "offline" version on the net available with some searching, but it isn't guaranteed to work so be cautious with getting it. I found one just doing searching and mine works quite well. All it does is the chassis codes and connections, like brakes, A/C, lighting module, etc.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.

Did you still need assistance with this?

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Jeremy and I have rated your first answer, thanks for the help.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.

There is no rating shown on my side.

Have a good day!