Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a trouble code on my deere backhoe 410j tmc, i 't

Customer Question

I have a trouble code on my john deere backhoe 410j tmc
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: i don't know everything works as far i know on the machine but check engine light is on
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: code 2164.09
JA: Our top Heavy Equipment Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Heavy Equipment Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Heavy Equipment Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Bare with me while I look up your code information

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok

What are you getting for letters before the code? Like ACU, CCU, Etc?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Fhc 2164.09
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Fhc 2724.07

The FHC is the Flex hydraulic controller for the hydraulic system. What other symptoms are you having with these codes? Loss of functions? Poor response?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It sounds like its whining when operating the back boom

Those FHC codes are not in the list I have here and since it is Sunday I wont be able to look into this further until tomorrow when I have access. In the meantime check the oil level and check the hydraulic filter for fine metal/debris indicating a pump or component problem occurring. Let me know.

Pump wine is an indication of cavitation( air or starvation of oil ) and a potential pump problem. You may need John Deere Service advisor plugged in with the laptop to troubleshoot this. For FYI on the FHC controller function, here is the patent description. Be sure to check all your fuses as I believe fuse 13 and 35 are for the controller.

FHC controller info

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok i didnt get a chance to remove the filter but i noticed around the filter its leaking a little bit and couple of hoses at the fitting were leaking too

I'd Grab a new filter and inspect inside the old one for fine metal. It will look like metallic glitter in the oil if you looked in the light while dumping it into a clean bucket... Let me know

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok i will do it in the morning tks

Pleasure to help

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi i asked local john deere they said to replace the small joystick Sounds better not whining but service light still on same code. 2724.07

Thanks for the followup. The joystick will need to be calibrated. John Deere Service advisor should be connected for calibration. I am not sure if there is a procedure without the laptop. What is your serial number?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
J148930

I checked through my files and have little information on the FHC circuit faults. Inspect the harness for damaged, corroded connector pins and wiring and if ok Id reach back out to the dealer you bought your joystick from to see if they can plug into the deere software for live data readings and calibration of the controls. If brought to them there would be no field charge and should not take more than an hour to do.