Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Have isx engine 14 litre, eaton 18 speed, cobra auto shift.

Customer Question

Have isx engine 14 litre, eaton 18 speed, cobra auto shift. There is single plate self adjusting clutch. Have been advised to ditch the clutch in favour of heavier clutch , but still plenty of adjustment on clutch. Your opinion?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** are you hauling with this truck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Grain

Thanks for the update. My take on it is if it is not broke dont fix it. However when it is time for a clutch, upgrade to a twin disk and surface the flywheel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When running with a cobra 18 speed auto, does it make any difference what clutch is in ?

The autoshift transmissions are spec'd out for a self adjusting clutch and you can likely upgrade but some would prefer to change over to a manual adjusting clutch but would require clutch adjustments periodically. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it normal for gear changes with the auto for the rev s to go up to 1800 rpm. It's only in low range it does it?

no that is not normal. Click on this link and follow the procedure and let me know what you get for codes.

Fault code procedure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Daniel , have not done the fault code test as yet.!! Have a few more loads to do.. When I do codes what if I screw it up and truck doesn't go?! So will wait a few days until I don't need it in case I do something wrong...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do the survey soon

Keep me posted. It shouldnt hurt anything though but if you feel more comfortable waiting I understand.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please remember to take the time to rate my service as that is how the experts get credit for their time helping on the site.

Hi, Did you get this resolved or still need help?