Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

C13 acert when you run the intake valver actuator test it

Customer Question

c13 acert when you run the intake valver actuator test it shows them all shorted, pulled plugs going into rocker cover and they were full of oil. replaced both harness ran test again still all showing shorted checked engine harness no visable wear marks, also no broken wires.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

It sounds like the ECM may be faulty. I've seen this before. I would try unplugging the engine harness from the ECM then run the test. If it still comes up shorted on all. You'll know the ECM is faulty.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 8 months ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.