Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2008 isx.when I first crank up my truck there is

Customer Question

I have a 2008 isx.when I first crank up my truck there is 5seconds or so it sounds good then it develops a miss or hesitation.now when it happens there is like a squeeking sound when the miss occours.i took a video of it if you have a e mail it can send it to
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The truck has been doing this for about 5 months at first it came and went and also seemed to go away when it warmed up but now does it all the time when at idle.no engine check or stop lights.tubo actuator was replaced but this was a issue before and after that
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 9 months ago.

Hi James, My name is***** will be glad to help. What fault codes do you have logged even inactive historical codes? What is your fuel pressure and boost pressure? Was the turbo actuator calibrated with Cummins Insite when it was replaced? Check for leaks in the turbo piping and Charge air cooler causing a loss of boost pressure. Check your fuel supply with a sight glass or clear hose for air bubbles indicating restrictions, leaks, and suckling in air between the tank and pump. If ok and injector problem can cause similar symptoms. Cummins recommends replacement at 500K. To test cut out all cylinders except the one you are testing using Cummins Insite. The ending should stumble before stalling and run on a strong injector. A bad injector will stall immediately. Let me know