Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

2012 freightliner cascadia Cummins. Any theory of scientific

Customer Question

2012 freightliner cascadia Cummins. Any theory of scientific degree, on why, I lose like one gallon and half of coolant almost instantly after filling ([withing 100 miles] but thereafter I don't lose anymore coolant even if I drive 2000 miles.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there . My name is ***** ***** Is it possible that you have a leak high up on the cooling system ? Likely the surge tank area ? Have you pressure tested the rap cap to make sure it is holding pressure ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Coolant tank was leaking before changed it with the cap. That's when this started happening
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

It's gotta be some like that simply because you're not losing any more than just the one gallon . Have you pressure tested the system to 15 psi ?