spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

I have a N14 celect plus engine. With a eaton fuller 10

Customer Question

Hi I have a N14 celect plus engine. With a eaton fuller 10 speed transmission. When I start my day the rpm and speedometer work fine. But 60 to 70 miles into my trip the speedometer needle starts moving up and down. Cruise control stops working. And rpm drop to 1500 and stays there. It almost feels like out of nowhere some one activated the governor to 60mph. When I was previously going 76mph. I have changed the fuel filter. As well as the speedometer sensor. Opened the transmission. Any help is appreciated and welcomed.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 9 months ago.

Good morning Felix, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

Since the speedometer is reading erratically that will cause your RPM to be limited to 1500 so your issue is between VSS and ECM,

since you replaced VSS on back of trans make sure trans yoke is tight, remove speed sensor and see if you can spin tone ring with a screwdriver, if you can yoke is loose or tone ring is cracked, if that all checks out you need to replace wiring harness for VSS to ECM.

Also make sure VSS is set correctly, turn all the way in and then back off half turn and lock down locknut.

Please let me know if you'd like to discuss this further...just click the reply button or use the reply box below to let me know.
If this has been helpful, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my personal service to you or the
website does not credit me for my time..

Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
Thank You,
spanky

Also Since the speedometer is reading erratically that will keep cruise from working correctly.

Thank You,
spanky