Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

I have a t4050 orchard tractor that the fuel gauge quit

Customer Question

I have a t4050 orchard tractor that the fuel gauge quit working. I had the lower fuel tank off sending unit out and worked fine ,reinstalled tank, filed with fuel and nothing on the digital guage. what should the ohm reading be on the upper sending unit.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

There is no ohm reading given for the sending unit. Compare readings with the lower unit, it should read the same. It is a wiper switch, that the reading should vary as the float is raised. Is the arm moving on the sender you had out? Not turned so it is against the side of tank?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Units have aligning bolts so I don't believe it's hanging up. Also the floats r not waterlogged. I'm getting a reading shortly on the upper unit.

OK>