Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have 2 fault codes coming up on my g scan #1. 01F0F4 #2.

Customer Question

Hi I have 2 fault codes coming up on my g scan
#1. 01F0F4
#2. AE0000
Can you give me a repair procedure for these codes.
Thanks Gavin
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 9 months ago.

Hi Gavin. My name is***** is the year make and model of your truck? Engine make and model?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
12/11 Mitsubishi fuso canter.
Model. FGB71ER4SFAC
Engine model. 4P10-7AT4
Manual

Those codes do not convert to Mistu/Fuso codes.

Try this and let me know the codes

Fault code retrieval

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi dan just running another test with scan tool to double check the codes
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi dan two new codes came up as
B2E00
P01F0

Hi Gavin, The fault codes you are getting from your G scan are not crossing to any of the fuso codes I have in my manuals or lists. They seem like Generic scan tool OBD2 codes. Does your G scan support the Mitsu truck software?

I am going to opt out on this one unless you have other options on scanning your codes. Another expert may have a way of converting them but those are not in Mitsubishi format unfortunately.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

The codes that you have mean the scanner you are using isn;t compatible to the vehicle you are scanning. You need a scanner that can read J1750 codes or is designed for the Medium/Heavy truck market. You can;t use a generic OBD scan tool on this vehicle. It doesn;t use the generic CAN BUS like a car does. Even though you have the port, the communication is different. In other words, it is a different language. The scan tool wants to see language A when the truck speaks language C as example.

I suggest another high end scan tool or one that is specific for the Fuso.

I wish there was better news on this, but there isn;t. I'm a Fuso tech and I run into this problem often. I went and bought the Fuso software and connector because of how much I work on these. It is expensive. I paid over $2200 for mine and the license expires every 6 months for a renewal cost of $1200. So I suggest if the vehicle runs, I would have it scanned at a shop and then correct the issue yourself from there.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Jeremy the scan tool is a g scan and is compatible with fuso. But it's a mute point now as it has been taken to a dealership. Thank you anyway
Gavin.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

I'll request this to be closed for you.

Have a good day.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks mate first time I have used this site so not sure how it works.