Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a problem with an Isuzu NPR box truck that will not

Customer Question

I have a problem with an Isuzu NPR box truck that will not fire up.
I was driving down the road and it just stopped running. a year ago I had it put into storage and still it will not start, it wants to turn over and fuel is in the rail, spark is good, tried to test it with obd meter/ reader and it comes back as unable to read the computer.
what to do now?
I tested the power to the fuse box but no bad fuses were found.
getting stumped here and not to good with auto wiring harness.
help?!
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** is the year and complete engine make and model information in this truck? You said spark is good? So gas engine and not diesel?

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved or still need help?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry, 1997 NPR 5.7l V8
I added CNG a while back and it ran real great then one afternoon it just crapped out
i sent ith over to the auto man and he put a OBD scanner on it and it came back as not being able to read the computer, I called the CNG shop and they said check the fuse that runs the sig lighter and it's fine.
The cab lights stay o all of the time and so I have to disconnect the battery lead and so I'm stummped

See PDF pages 4-5

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Kind sir. Thanks for your reply. I'm lost as to the pdf that you mention in your last comment and wonder where is can be down loaded or viewed

Hi, Sorry about that. There has been technical difficulties on the site. That was for another question.

Is the check engine light coming on and cycling with the key? also does it crank with no start or not crank over at all with the starter?

If it turns over check for tach response. a faulty crank sensor will cause a no start but lets confirm power to the PCM/ECM Let me know