Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

My case 1845B has no rpm will start but can not get enough

Customer Question

my case 1845B has no rpm will start but can not get enough rpm to keep for killing motor if you pull any lever
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: With throttle wide open it will run but no power, I believe it's 1984 model 188 Diesel
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 months ago.

What has been tried? Have you replaced fuel filter and checked for flow from the tank to the injection pump? You are not getting enough fuel, just enough to run with no load, but not enough to develop the horsepower. Check the suction side of the system, and if not there, remove the fuel shutoff solenoid and see if it may not be opening all the way. Test it by having it connected, and turn switch on and off.

Did you see my reply?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Did you find problem?