Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

2008 cat c15a first year DPF system. 600hp 2 DPFs. In a 2008

Customer Question

2008 cat c15a first year DPF system. 600hp 2 DPFs. In a 2008 Peterbilt 389. Check engine light came on and went off several times in the last 400 ***** *****. Peterbilt dash screen says fault is intake valve oil pressure
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 913476 ***** ***** I have owned this headache since it was new. Many many issues with it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have decided that I don't want an answer to the question and I want my money refunded
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out. Sorry for the delay.

If your fault says intake valve oil pressure, this indicates a low intake valve oil pressure. I've seen this many times.

This code is cause by several things.

The first and most common is a leak on one of the Iva housings.

Second is a leak at the Iva control valve

Lastly is a faulty Iva pressure sensor.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.