Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2008 international

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****. I have a 2008 international transtar. I came out today to staert it and the batteries were dead. put the charger on it for a couple of hours and then it started. there is now when I turn the key it says "engine warn" and after it is started it says "electrical fault" in the amber milage box. the buzzer stays on as well the triangle for the paqrking exhaust regen.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what more details is all explained above
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also nothing on the dash works or in the cluster . only the oil pressure and tach work, cant even do a exhaust regen. vin number is *****
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

First off, there is a regen fault. That is why you have the code. I siggesy having the truck scanned to see what the exact fault code you have for the system you have.

The regen module could be draining the batteries down and causing both issues or you have a short to ground on the CAN BUS at the module causing the batteries to drain.

I know you don't want to take the truck to the dealer, but this case you will have to. With the dash not working as well, there is definitely a module and/or communication proglem on the CAN BUS. Only a scanner/laptop with the software will be able to locate which module is acting up.

I would also test the batteries just in case one is bad and causing that. If one has a dead cell, it will cause low voltage and then you will have the problems you have. Most likely a short to ground on the CAN BUS will be the cause.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.