Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I see your post from 6 years ago about cummins diesel

Customer Question

I see your post from 6 years ago about cummins diesel "bucking" did you ever find the issue?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 98 dodge 24valve 3500. Has had problem for 4 years. Truck starts and drive fine then bucks and returns to normal less than one second. Have replaced crank position sensor, fuel pump injector pump, throtle positioning sensor (twice) camshaft positioning sensor, all fuel lines. If you unplug the ecm while truck is running let it die wait a while and replug it will run normal for a while then start doing it again. At first it was once or twice a week, now every few miles.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 9 months ago.

Have you tried cleaning or replacing the MAP sensor?