Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I have to get tdc,it's been awhile since I worked on

Customer Question

I have to get tdc,it's been awhile since I worked on cats or any engine if the# ***** is all the way to top it's on tdc right,compression stroke,thanks I just want to make sure,I don't have the pin for the flyweel to pin it
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

It's best to pin the flywheel to get tdc. When it's pinned. Compression is determined by which valves are closed. If the valves on one are closed and rockers loose. One is on compression. If the valves on six are closed and rockers loose. Side is on compression.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 9 months ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.