Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

My name is ***** ***** and I am looking part number harmonic

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I am looking part number for a harmonic balancer for 1987 Bus. The white label on the valve cover says Engine Family HGM08.2DABX and Model V8-8.2
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Harmonic balancer is shot and needs to be replaced.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

4 cycle Detroit Diesel. 8.2 Fuel Pincher engine? Turbocharged or natural aspirated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Natural aspirated.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Is this a viscous dampener, oil filled, or more like a crankshaft pulley with rubber bushing?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I see a parts book for sale on Ebay. But nothing on line. A full service Detroit dealer, like Stewart and Stevenson could find the part or give you the number. They are in Houston and Denver.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you see the response?