Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

The alternator ,water pump tension pulley broke on the truck

Customer Question

the alternator ,water pump tension pulley broke on the truck mack vision while drining on the highway ,immediately pulled over the engine overheated and coolant came out of the overflow tube after cool down replaced the tension pulley ,and the idler pulley and two new belts and then added some antifreeze and started the engine and ran good then after
driving a little the malfunction light came on so I pull trouble code 1-8 up which is ASET CEGR estimated % fan speed so what is this ie ...is the fan no good.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 9 months ago.

Hi Michael, My name is***** will be glad to help. Bare with me while I pull up these codes.

0

Estimated Fan Speed Valid High

1

Estimated Fan Speed Valid Low

3

Estimated Fan Speed Voltage High

4

Estimated Fan Speed Voltage Low

These are all the potential FMI for that fault.... So either low voltage or a faulty fan however if you just had belt issues it could be related to the fan speed then.....

Is it running fine and not overheating? this could be from the pulley failure of why it delayed and threw this code

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dan thanks that what need to be done is replace the fan assembly because the engine runs fine and it is not overheating .

Thanks for the update Michael. Pleasure to help. Glad to hear you got this resolved.